Legislation for Face-Fit Testing and Fit Testing Services
Fit-Testing has been a Mandatory requirement under the U.K Asbestos Regulations and from November 2002 the new COSHH regulations and associated ACOP require employers of wearers of tight fitting face. Tight fitting face pieces include disposable particulate respirators, half-masks and full-face masks with filters. A fit-Test should also be carried out if you are using powered and airfed respirators.
Here at PHOENIX FIT-TESTING SERVICES we offer a comprehensive R.P.E fit-testing and training services including:
- Quantitative RPE fit-testing and advice at your workplace.
- Fit-Testing carried out by experienced and fully trained personnel.
- Advice on RPE fitting, selection, training and maintenance.
- Quantitative Full certification for each employee tested.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002 (COSHH)
- Approved Code of practice (AcoP) (or COSHH 2002) Fit Testing of Respiratory Equipment Face pieces-information 282/28 Rev 2002 (To access HSE document 282/28 please click here for PDF file)
- On successful completion of fit test, both employer and employee will be provided with fit tested certification.
If you wish to find out more about Phoenix Fit Testing Services and the regulations which govern us, why not get in touch today?